Sunday, July 16, 2017

2016 City of Santa Monica TAP Card





In late April of 2016, the city of Santa Monica issued three TAP cards to celebrate the opening of the Expo Line to Santa Monica.  Again, I was only interested in two of the TAP cards!

I found out about these TAP cards by complete accident, in late July, 2016.!  The city of Santa Monica and their transit service, Big Blue Bus, offered a great deal- they would match any amount you put onto a TAP card up to $20 per transaction.  I was just going to Santa Monica to take advantage of this great offer and to ride the Expo Line to Santa Monica for the first time!!  But, after doing a search I found out about those TAP cards.  So, when I went to Santa Monica by the Expo Line, I was looking forward to getting these TAP cards.

But, I went to both city hall and the Big Blue Bus retail store only to find out that the TAP cards were sold.  Using emails and social media, Big Blue Bus said they had found a limited number of the TAP cards.  I went to their retail store and the lady working there, said she didn't get anymore TAP cards.  The lady at the store told me to call customer service and when I did, they actually called her and she found an envelope with the TAP Cards.  These TAP cards cost $2 each.  I was so happy to get these two TAP cards, after finding out about them so late! 

No comments:

Post a Comment