Tuesday, July 24, 2018

2018 Central Avenue Jazz Festival TAP Card

So, yesterday July 23, 2018 I'm on the Red Line going to Hollywood and Highland.  A person comes onto the train at Pershing Square.  He is in the process of putting away a TAP Card I haven't seen before.  The Central Avenue Jazz Festival TAP Card pictured above.  So, I asked him where did he get the TAP Card.  He said at the customer service  at Union Station.  He got it earlier that morning.  By the time I got back to Union Staton, the customer service counter was closed, they close at 6:30pm Monday -Friday.

So, today I went to Union Station and got this TAP Card.  Now some issues.  The lady helping me was very rude and short.  Metro needs to train it's customer service rep better.  TAP Cards now cost $2, whether you buy them at the machines or the customer service centers.  Before at the machines they were $1.  Not a big deal.  But, what is a big deal is that you need to add a minimum of $5 stored value when buying a TAP Card at any customer service center.  STUPID!  LADOT allows you to just buy the TAP Card for $2!  Why is Metro so stupid?

Anyways, I found out that these TAP Cards will also be for sale at the  Central Avenue Jazz Festival this weekend!!

Anyways, this is a great TAP Card, very colorful and one of my favorites of the ones released in 2018!!

No comments:

Post a Comment